Dogs & Blogs

The cold (wet) shoulder

Fosters love to snuggle. For the really young ones who got separated from their momma,
I let them sleep on my chest so they can feel a heartbeat.

Black Book is launching a self promo campaign called Dogs & Blogs. I combined two things I really love, pet fostering and writing, so you'll be seeing doggie ads on facebook and instagram. This is a fun way to promote, not just Black Book, but pet fostering, which is very close to the hearts of my family.

Running a virtual agency is a hair-raising, big responsibility, but with that comes the freedom to structure my own schedule. The biggest time bonus of all is the ability to be a pet foster, because I work primarily from home, for long stretches at a time.

I volunteer with a group called Pet Helpers, and they send me puppies to love for anywhere between a weekend up to a month. The puppies who have been abandoned. The puppies who have been found in the woods. The puppies who are trying to survive the city streets alone. Some of them are malnourished or fearful. Some are rambunctious daredevils, leaping from one piece of furniture to the next. Every one of them needs love; and every one of them gives love. Each of these puppies has a limitless capacity for affection. 

Fostering puppies is an amazing experience for about ten gabillion reasons. Here are just a few:

  • You are helping young dogs socialize and transition to a furever home.
  • You give kindness to little beings who may have never known human affection.
  • It is the chance to enjoy the love of an animal if you cannot commit to a full time pet.
  • It is a tremendous comfort to those who have lost a family fur member and aren't quite ready to move on.

Sure, with puppies around the house, the mop is always out. Dog hair has become a fashion accessory. They are certain to start yipping when I am on a conference call. And sometimes they make typing a challenge. But, it's so worth it!

Yes, they are both asleep, and there is a third one on my lap.
So, drop me a line if you would like to learn about getting started with fostering. Oh yeah, I'd love it if you wanted to talk a little marketing, too. If you're looking for a blog writer, you've come to the right place. 




No comments:

Powered by Blogger.